Signs That Indicate You Need a New Garage Door
When you own a home, it seems like there is always something on the “to do” list. Even if your home is a new home, fresh paint does not keep its “freshness” very long once little hands touch every corner of your home. While not often on the top of the “to do” list, it is important that you not overlook your garage door when it comes to making a list of home improvements.
An old, outdated, damaged, and/or broken garage door not only diminishes the value of your home, but it also makes your home look just as old and outdated. Replacement garage doors are proven to provide a return on investment, whether you are planning to sell your home in the near future or down the road. Knowing when to replace your garage door is essential in saving money during this home improvement project. Indicators that your garage door needs to be replaced include:
- Noise – A brand new garage door is relatively quiet when it is in use. It runs smoothly without squeaks, grating noises, and skipping gears. When your garage door no longer runs quietly, it is time to have it professionally inspected. While some adjustments can be made, a garage door that is older than 10 years and making a great deal of noises often needs to be replaced.
- Slowness – While your garage door opens and closes at a relatively slow speed for safety reasons, a door that responds slowly when you try to raise or lower it needs to be inspected. A professional garage door repair expert can identify the issues and let you know your next steps.
- Repeated breakdowns – Face it, once you have to keep repairing something, it is often cost effective to replace it instead of throwing money into the same problem. Your investment in a new garage door will pay off in the long run.
- Compromised safety – A garage door that does not close all the way is a safety risk to your home. Also, if your automatic garage door no longer reverses immediately when the sensor is triggered, this puts you, your family, and any neighbors at risk of injury or death.
- Attractiveness – The garage door(s) is the largest accessory to your home, making it extremely impactful to your home’s exterior attractiveness. If your garage door is ugly, no longer coordinates with your paint, or is simply an eyesore, you can greatly improve your home’s curb appeal with a new, beautiful garage door.
Contact HABPRO Garage Doors today for our wide selection of garage doors.
Posted on behalf of HABPRO Garage Doors
Follow Us on Google+