When it comes to the most important door of your home, there is more to think about than just the front door. The garage door is the largest door in your home and it needs to be well taken care of and maintained. If the garage door cable is off the drum, your door is crooked, or the cable has wrapped around the shaft of the door – stop operating your door immediately. A door that has a broken cable can cause serious damage to your property or grave injury to you or your loved ones.
HABPRO Garage Doors is the name to trust when your garage door cables need to be replaced. We have the knowledge and experience that you need for all of your garage door repairs. Garage door cables are designed to hold the torque of the sprint and the weight of the door and as such are under a dangerous load. Because of the great amount of pressure and the extreme weight of the garage door, it is never advised that a homeowner should try to replace your garage door cables yourself. Our HABPRO Garage Door professionals have the specific tools, knowledge, and experience needed to handle all garage door repairs, including garage door cable replacement.
Garage door cables can snap or come off the cables drums for a variety of reasons:
- The garage door cables have become frayed.
- The cable drums have become loose.
- The cable drum is cracked or broken.
- The cable brackets are uneven, causing too much weight on one drum.
- A frozen end bearing that has caused slack in one cable, putting enormous pressure on the other cable.
- A cable drum is cracked or broken and will no longer stay set in its proper position.
All of these causes of cables becoming damaged or off-set require specific and professional repair and replacement. HABPRO Garage Doors is the trusted source for all of your garage door needs. Contact us today, as soon as possible, for the most outstanding and fast service.