If your garage door has come off its tracks, it is important to address the problem as soon as possible to avoid further damage to the door and the garage. Here are the steps you can follow to fix a garage door that is off its tracks:
- Disengage the door from the opener: First, you need to disengage the garage door from the automatic opener. This can be done by pulling the release cord or lever, which is usually located near the opener motor.
- Inspect the tracks: Check the tracks for any damage or debris that may be causing the door to come off the tracks. Use a flashlight to inspect the tracks thoroughly, and remove any debris you find.
- Align the tracks: If the tracks are misaligned, you will need to gently tap them back into place using a rubber mallet or a hammer and a block of wood. Be careful not to damage the tracks or the door as you do this.
- Reattach the door to the tracks: Once the tracks are aligned, carefully lift the garage door back onto the tracks. Make sure the door is level and that the rollers are properly seated in the tracks.
- Test the door: After reattaching the door to the tracks, test it to make sure it opens and closes smoothly. If there are any issues, you may need to adjust the tracks or the door itself.
If you are not comfortable performing these steps yourself, it is recommended to contact a professional garage door repair service to fix the problem. They will have the expertise and tools necessary to ensure the door is properly repaired and functioning safely.
Remember, working with garage doors can be dangerous, especially when they’re off their tracks. If you’re unsure about how to proceed, it’s best to call Habpro, the garage door repair professionals in Duluth, GA today!