Garage Door Off Tracks Duluth, GA
When your garage door is off it’s tracks in Duluth GA, your #1 choice for fast, affordable repairs is Habpro Garage Doors.
Do not attempt to make these repairs yourself, call us now 770-985-3355.
If your garage door has come off its tracks, it is important to address the problem as soon as possible to avoid further damage to the door and the garage. Here are the steps you can follow to fix a garage door that is off its tracks:
- Do not disengage the door from the opener: First, do not disengage the door from the motor. Doing so can actually make the situation worse and possibly cause the door to fall.
- Inspect the tracks: Check the tracks for any damage or debris that may be causing the door to come off the tracks. Use a flashlight to inspect the tracks thoroughly, and remove any debris you find.
- Align the tracks: If the tracks are misaligned, you will need to gently tap them back into place using a rubber mallet or a hammer and a block of wood. Be careful not to damage the tracks or the door as you do this.
- Reattach the door to the tracks: Once the tracks are aligned, carefully lift the garage door back onto the tracks. Make sure the door is level and that the rollers are properly seated in the tracks.
- Test the door: After reattaching the door to the tracks, test it to make sure it opens and closes smoothly. If there are any issues, you may need to adjust the tracks or the door itself.
Here are the primary reasons why your garage door might come off of the tracks. The torque from an already weak spring breaking, can cause the cable to jump the drum and the door will go crooked in the tracks and come off. A frayed or worn cable, will cause one cable to be longer than the other and also create this situation, causing the door to lift unevenly. Closing the door on an obstruction can create slack in one of the cables and the cable will come off of the drum.
If you are not comfortable performing these steps yourself, it is recommended to contact a professional garage door repair service to fix the problem. They will have the expertise and tools necessary to ensure the door is properly repaired and functioning safely.
Remember, working with garage doors can be dangerous, especially when they’re off their tracks. If you’re unsure about how to proceed, it’s best to call Habpro, the garage door repair professionals in Duluth, GA today!