If your garage door has come off its tracks in Braselton, GA, it can be a serious safety hazard and should be addressed as soon as possible. Here are the general steps to take:
- Stop using the garage door: If your garage door has come off its tracks, stop using it immediately. Continuing to operate the door can cause further damage and may be dangerous.
- Disconnect the garage door opener: If your garage door is automated, disconnect the opener from the door by pulling the release cord. This will prevent the opener from attempting to operate the door while it’s off its tracks.
- Inspect the tracks and rollers: Check the tracks and rollers to see if there are any obvious signs of damage or wear. If the tracks or rollers are damaged, they may need to be replaced.
- Reset the door: To reset the door, gently lift the door back onto the tracks. Be sure to have someone help you, as garage doors can be heavy and difficult to lift.
- Test the door: Once the door is back on its tracks, test it to ensure that it’s operating smoothly and without any strange noises or issues. If the door still has problems, it may need to be adjusted or repaired by a professional garage door technician.
It’s important to note that attempting to repair a garage door off its tracks can be dangerous and should only be done by a trained and experienced garage door technician. For the best professional help with a garage door off its tracks, call Habpro, the garage door specialists in Braselton today!