Garage Door Off Track Clarkesville, GA
Habpro Garage Doors has been putting garage doors back on track in Clarkesville GA since 1978. Call Habpro now, 770-985-3355 and we’ll get your garage door back on track, fast and at a fair price.
Dealing with a garage door that has come off its tracks can indeed be a challenging and potentially dangerous situation, and your advice on how to handle it is essential for ensuring safety and a successful resolution. Here are a few additional points to consider:
- Clear the Area: Make sure that no one is near or under the garage door when it’s off its tracks. Clear the area to prevent any accidents or injuries if the door suddenly falls or moves unexpectedly. Unplug the automatic opener from the outlet. Do not pull the red emergency disconnect.
- Secure the Door: If it’s safe to do so and you have the necessary tools (such as locking pliers), you can attempt to secure the garage door in place to prevent it from moving further out of alignment. However, be cautious and only attempt this if you are comfortable with the process.
- Do Not Force It: Do not try to force the garage door back onto its tracks by yourself. This can lead to further damage and potential harm. Leave this task to the professionals who have the expertise and equipment to do it safely.
- Regular Maintenance: To prevent future incidents of the garage door coming off its tracks, consider scheduling regular maintenance with a professional garage door service. They can inspect and maintain the door’s components to ensure it operates smoothly and safely.
- Emergency Contact: Keep the contact information for a reputable garage door repair service handy for emergencies. Being prepared can help you quickly address any issues that arise with your garage door. Keep our number handy 770-985-3355, our team is just around the corner and always ready to assist.
Garage doors are heavy and complex pieces of equipment, and attempting to repair them without the proper knowledge and tools can be dangerous. Seeking professional assistance is the best course of action to ensure both safety and an effective repair.
Frayed, Broken or Stretched Garage Door Cables
Besides a garage door being closed on an obstruction, one of the most common causes for a garage door to come off track, is a cable problem. If your garage door cable has frayed it will either stretch or shrink in length. When this occurs the garage door will now tilt to one side causing it to bind in the tracks.
The problem will persist until the door jumps track or the cables are replaced. Yearly inspection and lubrication of the cables is advised and will prolong their life.
Call Habpro, the garage door repair professionals in Clarkesville, GA today!