If your garage door has come off its tracks, it’s important to address the issue immediately, as operating the door in this condition can cause further damage and potentially pose a safety hazard. Here are the steps you can take to fix a garage door off tracks:
- Stop using the door: Do not try to operate the door if it has come off its tracks. This can cause the door to become further damaged and increase the risk of injury.
- Disconnect the opener: Pull the release cord to disconnect the garage door opener from the door. This will allow you to manually move the door.
- Inspect the tracks: Check the tracks on both sides of the door for any damage, debris or obstructions. Clear out any debris or obstructions and straighten any bent sections.
- Re-align the tracks: Use a rubber mallet and a level to gently tap the tracks back into alignment. Make sure the tracks are properly secured to the wall.
- Check the rollers: Check the rollers to ensure they are properly seated in the track. If any rollers are damaged, they will need to be replaced.
- Test the door: Once the tracks are straight and the rollers are in place, test the door manually to ensure it is moving smoothly. If everything looks good, reconnect the garage door opener and test the door again.
Remember, working with garage doors can be dangerous, especially when they’re off their tracks. If you’re unsure about how to proceed, it’s best to call Habpro, the garage door repair professionals in Flowery Branch, GA today!