Thinking About Your Garage This Spring?
Are getting ready to, or in the process of spring cleaning your garage? Will your to-do list include both cleaning and decluttering? There is a difference between cleaning and decluttering. Here are some tips for each process for your garage’s optimal function and cleanliness.
Tips For Cleaning Your Garage
1. With your broom, move methodically around your garage. Start working top to bottom, then left to right. Be sure to clean the inside of your garage door as well by running your broom along the inside surface of the doors.
2. Wipe down your shelving and flat surfaces with a damp rag.
3. Hose out your garage then use a squeegee to remove any remaining water or unwanted items.
4. To clean your garage door rinse it off with a hose and wipe it down with a sponge, dish detergent and water.
5. Clean any windows in your garage door or garage with window cleaners for optimal visibility.
Tips For Decluttering Your Garage
1. Toss, donate, recycle or sell items if it’s expired or you no longer have a use for it.
2. Buy organizational items to make it more functional and accessible.
3. Consider using the vertical spaces of your garage that are typically not used. This method of organization keeps items up and out of the way.
4. Consider hanging pegboards for tools.
5. If you’re looking for some fun and creative ways to organize your garage, why not check out the Family Handyman’s “51 Brilliant Ways to Organize Your Garage.”
In addition to cleaning and decluttering, it’s important to call HABPRO Garage Doors to inspect your garage door’s moving parts, remotes, springs, rollers, tracks, hinges, and pulleys.
For more garage door service, inspection and repair help, contact HABPRO Garage Doors today.
Posted on behalf of HABPRO Garage Doors
Follow Us on Google+