Garage Door Safety Tips
In most homes across the United States, the garage door is the largest moving object inside a home. It is also one of the heaviest pieces, making it also one of the most dangerous. Below are garage door safety tips that everyone in your home should know.
Garage Door Safety Tips:
1. The garage door is not a toy. Yes, automatic garage doors are controlled by buttons, but the garage door openers are not playthings. Garage doors are dangerous if misused, and they can cause serious injury or even death.
2. Children should never be allowed to play with the garage door operating system.
3. Never stand under or walk under a moving garage door. Adults and children should never try to “beat” the garage door by running under it and jumping over the sensor. The sensor can develop a shortage and not work properly at any time. If a person were to trip and fall in the way of a closing garage door, they can become crushed.
4. Keep your eyes on the garage door while it is opening and closing. Make sure no children, animals, or adults try to enter or exit the door while it is in operation mode.
5. Keep legs, arms, hands, and feet away from door sections when the door is opening or closing. Appendages can become pinched in the garage door panels, causing serious harm.
6. Keep your garage door properly maintained. Annual maintenance by a professional technician is recommended.
7. Remember that your automatic garage door uses electricity to operate, and if it is mishandled it can cause shock or even death.
8. Never attempt to repair a garage door’s springs or cables on your own. If a spring is damaged or cables have snapped, there is still an enormous amount of tension on the garage door. Severe injury and death can occur from trying to DIY a garage door repair.
9. Always have any damage to the garage door panels inspected.
10. The push button wall control for a garage door operating system should be kept out of a child’s reach. And remember, a garage door is not a toy or a system to be used by children.
Posted on behalf of HABPRO Garage Doors
Follow Us on Google+